Select Menu

I am going through an experience that many of us have gone through and I’ll share mine with you.  I purchased a resale home a year ago in a wonderful neighborhood on a quiet street in Rancho near Red Hill Country Club.  I love the home and did a extensive remodel and added a pool.  I think I made wise choices with the remodel but like my past remodels, when it’s your personal home you overspend, but because you’re going to live there, that’s how you can justify it.  There are only about 10 homes on my cul de sac and until recently my home was the last listing and sale.  About 3 weeks ago my neighbor across the street put their home up for sale.  In the year that I have lived in my home I’ve never met them.  I found out about their home being for sale when I came home one day and saw the sign in the front yard.  I immediately went to MLS to check the price and it was priced about $45,000 more than what I had paid a year earlier.  I just put a small fortune into mine and the description on their home said “totally remodeled”, but no pool.  I was going through all sorts of anxiety wondering what I could get for mine, second guessing my decision to buy, and wondering if I overpaid.  I know these are all feeling most homeowners go through when a neighbor decides to sell.  I thought they had underpriced it by $25,000 but maybe that’s because I spent a small fortune remodeling and I was hoping that the neighborhood values were equal to what I had just spent.  I was thinking if this house doesn’t sell quickly and they start reducing the price, I could be underwater on a home I purchased at the end of 2011.  Now that’s a depressing thought when I consider myself to be way above average in real estate knowledge.  Well the good news is it went into escrow after 18 days! I hope above asking but usually when a home sells that quickly it’s full price or close to it.  Now I just have to worry that it closes, stay tuned.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top